Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while since I updated this. This should catch you up. We are still at my parents house but as always looking for an apartment. My job as the Workers' Comp Admin. comes to an end on Friday. I have roughly a month off until school starts so I'm looking for a temp job or something to fill my time. A week of my "summer vacation" will be busy spending quality time with my littlest sis. (age not height) and her 2 1/2 children. Yep, one on the way. We all think it's a boy-we'll know in a couple of weeks.
I have read several good books lately. "Age of Innocence" was good-except the ending which I hated. There was a movie a couple years ago but I didn't see it because it was rated R. The thing that bothers me is that the greatest part of the book was that there was nothing to make their relationship immoral except emotions, I really want to know what the movie writer could possibly done to the story to screw it up so that it would have to be rated R. Adding immorality would change the whole story to lust instead of love.
Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley was good too. It is about a teenager who rescues a dragon, which is illegal, and he has to raise it secretly in a national preserve. The only thing I don't like about her books is the beginning. She starts them out like you've missed the first 2 minutes of a 5 minute conversation. It takes the first chapter to decipher who is even talking and why.

We also went to see "Journey to the center of the earth" totally fun! I haven't ever read the book so I think I would enjoy the movie even more if I had. It is not the movie version of the book it is a new story based from the book. It stars Brendan Frasier which is always nice too. A few parts Shaun was a little bit nervous but if your kids like adventures it is a definitely good movie for them. They also leave it open for a sequel with the book Atlantis. Maybe I'll read that one and be ready for the next movie before it comes out.

That's about it for now, having fun in the sun (with sunscreen of course), shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter