Friday, April 25, 2008

Shaun's Baptism

Saturday, March 29, 2008 was Shaun's baptism.
Getting there was a rough road. Three weeks before, our records were switched to my parent's ward and since I don't have an address in the ward it was a trick getting them back.
Shaun also had to decide who to have baptize him and who to confirm him. It was a difficult decision to be baptized when your dad can't do it. There were many tears shed in making the decision to get baptized anyway.
Clint, and his parents and Shaun's cousin, Easton, were able to fly in on Friday night. Erin and her girls and Timarie, Mark, and their girls, and my cousin, Lindsey, and her husband, Jared, came down during the week before. There were several other people there from the ward too.
There was one other boy there to be baptized. His name was Shaun, too. Even spelled the same. When I first saw his name listed on the program I temporarily panicked thinking that they had misprinted his last name.
It was neat that Shaun was baptized in the same building that I and my brother and sisters were. Our ward is in the same Stake that I grew up in.


All ready in white.
Finally we have a picture of the three of us. The last picture we had taken was when Shaun was one. Anytime that Shaun needs a "family" picture at school he insists that it includes the three of us and I have used the same old picture over and over.
Clint's dad baptized Shaun
My dad confirmed him. It was very special for me. The only Priesthood blessing that Shaun has ever received was when he was a baby and received a name and blessing. We had it at our home so that my parents could be there and Shaun cried so loud that no one heard a word of it, not even those in the circle. It was overwhelming to me to hear the blessings pronounced that he would grow and receive the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods and that he would serve a mission. He was blessed to be a pleasure to his parents, and he really is. He is such a good kid!
Shaun, his grandparents, dad, and cousin Easton.

My family: Jared, Lindsey, my dad, me, my mom, Shaun, Erin holding Kenzie, Kalee, Madzie, Tri is turned around, Riley is an extra, Timarie and Mark.
Shaun is trying to put up rabbit ears behind Easton and Easton tries to stop him.
Now Shaun has rabbit ears care of Easton.
Kenzie thinks she is grown up and can do it herself!
Kalee, Madzie, Shaun, and Tri check out his new computer. Clint found a deal where you buy one kids computer (it is supposed to be indestructible) and the company donates one to underpriviledged kids in another country.

It was a full week and weekend. I totally enjoyed it. Having family around is so nice, I keep trying to convince everyone to move back to So. Cal. Next time hopefully we'll have more room. His baptism was all that I hoped for him. He got a new journal and new scriptures for his birthday. He received a few tie tacks and a hold to the rod key chain. I was grateful for those who came to share the day with us! It really made me realize that Shaun is growing up and someday will be a young man. I need to make extra sure that he is learning what he needs to know and having the spiritual experiences to develope his own testimony and faith. It will be an immense blessing to continue to see him grow and become the incredible young man that he has the potential to be. I'm so blessed to be his mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter