Saturday, September 5, 2015

I came across this on Pinterest and it's really fitting right now for me in my life. These are emotional mountains that I need to conquer and starting with #1 is as good an idea as any.

I don't know where I picked up the idea that I wanted, or needed, to be right. I have fought arguments for no good reason and no good ending. I need to feel justified. I need to feel respected. Sometimes, I just want the other person to know that they are NOT right. So, giving it up right now. Here's hoping for the best and some good stories to share.

Just now I thought of one. I had a long conversation with my sister yesterday and we discussed some of the things that have helped her overcome her depression and instead of listening and learning I spent the whole time telling her how I was doing it and how what she had to say did not apply to me because I was doing it my own way which was just as good...blah, blah, blah...
Oh, yes, I have just a little bitty need to be right, occasionally, all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter